Thursday, June 10, 2010

A little separation is better than a new marriage (小别胜新婚)

Yahoo! Yeah! My girlfriend Niki is finally coming back from Japan tomorrow. It has been 1 month and 2 weeks since we are forcibly separated by her choice *roar!*. While I came back for reservist, she continued to stay until now -_-. Gonna bite her when she comes back lol.

Frankly speaking, though I missed her like crazy, this little separation did a lot of good for both of us. Firstly, needless to say that we longed for each other and that rekindled the love passion (burning with ferocity~ ouch!) and make us cherish each other more. When you are around each other for too often, you start to take each other for granted (Isn't that the reason why we usually take our family for granted since they are always around?) So I guess that is the Chinese saying, 小别胜新婚 holds true to its words.  Secondly, we both grew in our own ways.

For me, I had my first experience of taking the plane alone. Yeah, mock me lol. What to do.... I had never traveled overseas alone before. All my experiences are either with my parents or mostly with Niki. I just followed the flow that's all. So it gave me a feeling that I had grown up a little. ^_^ 

Secondly, I took up courses and activities which I mostly likely will not do when I am with her. The reason is that we are like Siamese twins (always sticking together). Other than work time, we are mostly around each other. When we planned for any course, it must fit both our schedule which make it more difficult to source. In the end, we did not have our own individual pursues. Due to this opportunity, being away from each other forces us to find our own activities for our free time. And I found lots of activities for myself such as Hapkido, drawing, watching Who's line is it anyway, swimming, learning Japanese.... woah I'm packed lol. I am now happier than ever, knowing that I am actually growing in my soul again.

Thirdly, there is a strong motivation to show her how had my physique changed over the month. It pushes me to do my best during my weights training so I can wow her with my body. The greater the shock, the greater the accomplishment. ^o^

As for her, you will have to check out with her. Last I heard was that she lost 5 inches on her waist due to her extensive strolling everyday. Oh my god! To me that is an amazing feat considering the fact that she been trying to do it for years and wasn't able to achieve it.

So people, if next time you feel that your relationship has come to a stagnation or feeling like having a change. try getting away from each other for at least a month. See how it rekindle the flame and create amazing things for each of you. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment