Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gratitude

I am constantly amazed by how the things I have in life, come to me in ways that I often took it for granted as it looked effortless.

I had often neglected the amount of hard work and efforts which were put in by great people who made it possible.

The food I am eating now is brought to me by the efforts of people who grow them, people who collect them, people who transport them, people who packed them and many others who involved in one way or the other.

Not forgetting the ones who invented the planes, the trains, the rails, the ships and the ones who built them.

This is similar with the water which I drink in my cup, the clothes on my body, the flat I lived in, the paper I am using and every possession I have in my life.

Thank you for everything that is in my life as it has gone through the hard work of many men, dead and alive, to bring these to me.

Thank you to everything that I have taken from the world and I must do my best to give it back in return.

Thank you.


'From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other - above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.' - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment